Originally Posted by Tigerle
I just do SO not want this information to get out among the other parents. Social suicide. Not sure just how much you can trust them all to keep their mouths shut and not slip...

I would be very *very* surprised to have specific IQ information slipped from *school staff* to parents for two reasons: first, the school staff have an obligation to keep this information private, and second, what may seem like hugely important information to us as the parents of our children really is just one tiny blip of data on a child that is not the center of the world for the teacher, hence in the realm of what he/she is likely to share, I just don't think the IQ scores would be anywhere near likely to get accidentally slipped. OTOH, what I think *might* get talked about is a parent's attitude - if they come across to the teacher as a "know-it-all" or pushy parent or tiger-parent or whatever. This is of course just my perception and speculation, based on the friends I have who are teachers and who I know well.

What I *have* heard though - in our schools - among the parents of HG/+ kids - is parents who like to compare their child's IQ # to another parents' child's IQ # as if a higher # makes their child somehow much more incredible than the other parents' child. I've never ever heard talk among parents like that when I'm with the non-HG/+ crowd (or even most of the HG/+ crowd). Just my experience, of course, but the people I'd not want to share scores and info with are other parents. I wouldn't worry about teachers discussing it in terms of actual data/numbers.

polarbear