Thank you for the resources, indigo. I will look at them more as we are preparing for school to start. I hope to meet with the new asst principal and his teacher next week before classes start.

For his performance, we don't have a formal goal or plan right now. We have identified with the school where he needs extra help and that he is advanced academically. We are letting them take the lead now as we want to continue with the idea that we are all a "team" working together to support my DS. We want them to feel like they are running things and that we have confidence in them because at this point we do. Because they are making a definite effort, I don't want to push too hard and become a parent they see as a problem and thus don't want to work with me. However I did learn my lesson last year that I won't wait so long to push for something different if what they are doing isn't making a difference. For most of last school year it was really just his ineffective teacher we were dealing with. Now there are many more people at the school aware of DS and what he needs, and I expect they will be keeping an eye on him because of all the advocacy work I did last year.