Originally Posted by blackcat
Originally Posted by ElizabethN
From her point of view, you are probably a parent who "doesn't want to see" the "obvious" ADHD that she sees, and she is doing her best to go around you to help him, just like you have been doing your best to go around her to help him.

This is what I was trying to get at in my post. Whether or not he has ADHD doesn't really matter (or is beside the point), the fact is that she seems convinced that he has it and she is probably convinced he should be medicated. Or, maybe she sees ADHD as a behavior problem that needs to be fixed and not a mental disability. Sorry if it seemed like I was implying your DS is like this other kid (which I know he's not)...it was just an illustration of how some teachers will become very negative about a child in order to get the parents to "see the light." She is probably convinced that you don't get it, you're over-focused on the giftedness (again, not saying you are, but it's probably her perspective), and you're ignoring the fact that he has ADHD symptoms even if you have valid reasons for not buying into the ADHD speculation or see the symptoms differently.

Yeah, I agree. It is what it is ...and it is getting offensive and annoying!