Originally Posted by puffin
Sounds hard poor kid. I sometimes wonder whether teachers think gifted kids don't need affirmation because they know they are bright. The problem is they don't because they feel nothing they do is good enough.

Exactly and they wonder why these kids underachieve and tune out... Grrrrrr This is especially important for a 2E kid ... Some things come SOOOOOOO hard for him. Really! But, see, that's another thing it has become increasingly obvious, at least to me - she doesn't see either exceptionality... all she sees is a pain in the a$$... with a B#@% of a mother. Grrr. She also moved his seat to the back of the room farthest away form his computer while he was at ATP. I thought it was slightly interesting she did it while he was at ATP as the times before he was there when she moved around the kiddos and he protested at being moved far from the computer. This time she waited till he was out to do it. I could be just totally paranoid but I am usually very perceptive about people... nevertheless, this is my kid so my emotions may hinder what is usually quite a talent for me. Still, it just feels like she is being vindictive or something and slightly more so lately.

Last edited by Irena; 05/08/14 01:11 PM.