Originally Posted by Displaced
Originally Posted by KJP
I highly recommend the Toe by Toe reading manual by Keda Cowling. It is available on Amazon for $40.

The gifted/dyslexia experts Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide recommended it for my son and his improvement has been amazing.

My son's teacher, who has over forty years of teaching experience, has never seen kid improve so much in such a short amount of time. She is recommending it to everyone.

It only takes working with him at home twenty minutes a day. If you got it now, he would have time to make a lot of progress before first grade.

Five months ago my son was stumbling through Bob books guessing based on the first letter and the picture on the page.

Now he can actually read and is getting better everyday. Today his teacher mentioned that now he always has his nose in a book.

Thank you for this recommendation. I think we'll try it!

I think you'll both like it. It is a no frills approach - no games, colorful characters, etc. but the incremental nature seems to work because kids are being stretched just enough for progress but not so much as to cause frustration and anxiety.

Good luck!