I think that sounds like an ideal situation. I've only spoken the the Dist. Ass't Spr. once and I hear that is pretty rare. We have a large district with two high schools, maybe that's why they aren't as accessable.
We have a district supported gifted association that was started about 20 years ago by parents in order to improve gifted services. They were successful for starting an everyday pull-out for LA and Math, plus a district magnet program for kids who score in the top 2% that starts in 4th grade. The curriculum is supposed to be two years advanced. I've heard they only take kids who score 150 on the CogAt.
It sounds great in theory........
Unfortunately after looking into it, I've found it doesn't support HG+ kids as much as it seems it should.
I got a look at the textbook they use starting in 4th and DD8 has already done most of it in second grade.
The best support we have gotten is from the principal. The principals seem to have the freedom to be more flexible within their own school, so I would not move the girls to another school because I couldn't be sure they would get the same services they receive now. Realistically, I'm not sure they will stay in school, though, there is a good chance we will homeschool at some point.