You're using IQ to define intelligence and the ability to identify what high intelligence may be for an IQ test. Moreover, prodigies don't necessarily have high IQ and they don't necessarily come from affluent families either.

I do believe that these prodigy or high intelligence families would need to value learning or improving on whatever the prodigy or pg kids excels in whatever the household income level. And they'd need parents or someone else to recognize such gifts/talents and then foster them.

I'm not saying that wealth doesn't play a part with exposing a child to learning (music, arts, STEM, etc.) because it definitely can. Yes, of course, money can tip the scales. And before public institutions (schools, libraries, etc.), this was more the case.

Let's face it there's a reason 19 prime ministers went to Eton (the most of any UK public/boarding school). There's little financial aid for students to go to Eton so that eliminates a segment of society. Then it's only for boys too and that eliminates a segment of society at large. So yes, Eton is weighted toward those with wealth and socioeconomic connections today (ie. Will Prince William, heir to the throne, do? YES, of course, silly question). However, Eton College was founded by Henry VI as a charity school to provide free education to seventy poor boys who would then go on to Kings College, Cambridge, which was also founded by the same King.

A number of prodigies in Solomon's book did not come from wealthy homes; in fact, I was struck by the number of single mothers who raised these musical prodigies. If you study famous people who are/were prodigies or hg or hg/2e, poverty and childhood trauma, of some type, seems to propel people to reach dizzying heights than otherwise. They seem to beat the odds. But then, prodigies are not the norm and neither are pg/2e kids.