I'm sorry to hear you had to experience a near panic run around. I'm afraid our family experienced far too many scenarios of thinking everything was "done" only to learn later when we checked online that something was yet needed that wasn't previously mentioned. We've learned to triple check everything involving anything to do with colleges. As has been stated, if it's a "typical" scenario they seem to do alright most of the time, however, any situation that is even a little out of the normal seems to throw them for a loop. I think often colleges will have students working in their offices who know just enough to be dangerous

I understand the thought pattern of colleges that the student needs to be the one ironing out much of what goes on with the college they'll be attending, however, often times there is too much at stake to leave it to chance in any manner. There is a time to learn hard lessons and a time to do whatever it takes to get it right. Often times a failure to iron out a matter may mean the difference of graduating in 4 years, or going another semester or year....that's a damn expensive lesson and one I don't care to absorb if I can avoid it.

Last edited by Old Dad; 01/08/14 09:52 AM.