Originally Posted by apm221
These are not state mandated tests; they do those separately in the spring. This is something the school does to monitor progress and I'm just not sure why they wouldn't share the information. I will have to look up the legalities more if I can't get access, but I'm just not sure why they wouldn't want to share it. The teacher was actually looking at it while talking with me, so it wasn't difficulty of accessing the information.

My DS's school does this from time to time. The reason that they haven't wanted to share information with me (sometimes) is because DS was doing so well, always 99th percentile. So, in their eyes there is nothing to show me. Of course, the first time I poked around and looked at my son's scores I realized that he was also scoring in the 99th percentile a few grade levels up. So, he was inappropriately placed in his classroom environment. Of course, this revelation began the year long conversation that we are currently having about how the school needs to meet my son's needs as he's demonstrated them.

So, they may not want to give you the scores because you will want to know how the school is going to meet your child's needs. And if your school is anything like my school, the school has zero interest in meeting your child's needs and in fact will do everything they can to knock your child "down to size".

I hope for you, though, that the reason is something far more innocuous.

Last edited by somewhereonearth; 12/29/13 02:39 PM.