Of course.

My point is that those are the only instances in which I can definitely identify a schooling choice on the part of parents making that kind of difference to their children as young adults. Those instances are rare.

Most homeschooling families that we've known-- and this would include families whose faith plays a role in their homeschooling ethos-- are not nearly so extreme.

I think that most parents who keep the child's needs at the center of the decision-making process wind up doing just fine, even when those choices seem strange or even unthinkable to outsiders.

smile

We've home-educated an introverted only child, after all-- and she seems to have excellent social skills in spite of the "isolation" that most people think she must "suffer" from.

Developing sure-shelter, meaningful interactions with other human beings is quite a tall order for most HG+ children to start with. I'm not convinced that being excused from spending all day each school day with groups who are never (quite) true peers does much to swing that either direction, myself. It has pro's and con's.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.