Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
THOSE groups of kids, absolutely this is a huge concern. It doesn't end well for them.

As with all things in life, I think this is a question of shades of gray. Religion would play a part in a potential decision to homeschool for our family, along with curricular fit, family scheduling, etc. Realistically, religious ideology will play a part in any schooling decision because I want my son to be educated by teachers who are sensitive to and respectful the nuances of the major religions, ours included. The reality is the fulfillment of those expectations can't be taken for granted ex ante. We often talk about how if you've seen one PG child, you've seen one PG child. I suspect homeschooling families are also dissimilar in their motivations or approaches, even if the initial impetus for HSing is giftedness.

Back to the OP of whether a highly sociable child's needs can be met by homeschooling, I suspect it boils down to local resources and the parent's availability to help forge and sustain deeper, more meaningful sure shelter relationships. I'm a believer that it can happen, by that the parental investment might be high, especially upfront.

What is to give light must endure burning.