Some have suggested to the educational institution that they audit their assessment questions, labeling each with where the material appears and is sourced from in the curriculum... likewise labeling the curriculum as to which assessment item(s) it feeds into. When the curriculum or assessment may change, the educational institution may easily follow through to synchronize the two.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! :rofl:

Such a suggestion is, unfortunately, going to fall on deaf ears, just as it has for the past ten years.

(I only WISH that I were kidding about that)

While education may not have been monolithic in the past, mark my words-- y'all are REALLY going to regret having turned curriculum/assessment over to Pearson.

Dig a little and find out what they now enjoy as "market share" here in educational markets if you are wondering what I'm referring to here. They are the future of assessment.

They don't have a CLUE what they are doing, and they are most emphatically not "educators" there-- they are businesspeople and profit IS the bottom line, regardless of validation or pedagogically sound practices. There is no connection between those writing assessments, those with content expertise, and those 'writing' curriculum (mostly 'Smurfing' open-access and free content from various places around the web, by the way).

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Common Core standards are an awesome idea. Pearson's implementation is a nightmare. But there is good news, because they are going to make a LOT of money. Then they'll get to make more to fix it all. sick

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.