We have not told our kids their IQs, and have no intention of doing so, for a variety of reasons. They are all in the "challenge" program (our district doesn't specifically call it the gifted program, but quite honestly all the kids know that it is), so they know they are gifted. When they were tested, we talked about it being an evaluation to see if they were a good match for the program. My kids are pretty competitive with one another and I'd hate for IQ to be yet another thing they argue about, especially since they are all quite bright. But my oldest is the one that gives the impression of being the brightest, when in fact his IQ is the lowest of the 3. He just happens to be particularly bookish and inquisitive, but it would crush him to think he wasn't as "smart" as his siblings.

Funnily enough, DH and I didn't know our own IQs until our oldest was tested -- that's when our parents told us what our IQs were. We were both in gifted programs, so we had some sense, just not an actual number. But we're more or less a family of "moderately gifted" so once you know you fit the "gifted" criteria, there's not much more to glean from the actual number. Except for my youngest, who could be DYS if we felt the need for those services.

NotSoGifted -- Interesting, we are also in PA and our kids are not included in their GIEP meetings. (But my oldest is only in 6th, so maybe when they are older they will be included, but I don't think that's the case in our district.)