Originally Posted by Loy58
Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by Loy58
wish me luck!... We say "hope" because we are trying to remain optimistic and cooperative
I *do* wish you luck, and I will join you in "hoping" for the best in future planning once those test results are revealed.

I shared those links because some parents, new to shepherding GT kids through the ever changing educational maze, do not realize how other parents may get things done for their kids... there is lots of info out there, parents just need to find it in time! Preparing for conferences can make a big difference and the tips in several of those links do not necessarily require test results... much prep can be done before parents come to the table.

Thank you! Blackcat, I am sorry for the thread tangent. I am not sure if our district is "normal"! We, too, are striving to get "the right fit" for our DC this year. I guess what we are trying to arrive at conferences with is something other than just our "gut feelings" that our children need differentiation/further differentiation in the first place. Our district seems to place a great deal of weight on the NWEA tests (used as a factor G&T placement, eventual math acceleration, and curriculum grouping), so if I want to discuss goals for my DC, I feel as though I need to speak to teachers with data that is relevant to them. Thank you for the information, though, indigo - I will definitely read this! smile

Blackcat - I can relate to much of what you are saying. DD is in 3rd and they were told that they were going to review K-2 crazy at the beginning of this year in math. She then received yet more drilling in addition and subtraction. DD has been a bear at home - crabby and complaining. I do not have any answers - but I "hope" (there I go again! :D) we can all find some solutions!

When is your conference? Ours is the 14th. As I predicted, I still don't know what the math and reading scores are. Good luck with everything and let me know how it goes.