Lending support. Waiting for differentiation in our district, too - I notice from earlier threads that you are having some similar concerns with your DC.

DD8 finally was split into math/reading groups within the last week or so, but curriculum still seems easier than it did during the previous grade. Gifted process for program that is not available until this year is still incomplete - seems to take forever. No accelerated math available until next year. Since there are no textbooks that come home, I have no idea where the curriculum is going - there may be great plans in the works, but I have no good, ol' fashioned textbooks to see what is coming up. wink I am waiting for conferences, where hopefully we'll finally see some current test results and obtain some more information about what is planned.

DS5 loves his kindergarten teacher (because DS is shy - this is big), but is still working on letter sounds and counting at school. Seems there is no differentiation there at all. At home, he is reading chapter books and is working on Singapore Math - next year, he will be in school all day and I will have much less time to enrich him at home. I would really like it if he could do some of this learning at school. I am thrilled that he loves his teacher, though - I really just hope we can come up with a great plan for him at conferences.

Was just talking to sister-in-law who has kids in another district. We are actually lucky. Budget cuts are hurting the gifted programs in some grades. SIL's district just cut the 2nd grade gifted (that her DS would have been in frown ). Her older son, who excels in math, is actually driven to the school that houses the next grade's math program, though (district pays for a taxi!). So it is always interesting to hear what other districts are doing. Some better, some not.

Hoping good things for you this year with your DC...