Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
I'm looking for recommendations from the mathy people here-- it's been so long since I took any precalc (and there's been significant reorganization in how secondary math is taught) that my own experience is little use to me.

Needs to:

a) move at a reasonably good clip, low repetition, low spiraling levels (so probably a college text is better than one intended for high school)

b) have MANY applications-types questions, and relatively few of the basic drill variety

c) ideally, a good older edition which I can get for cheap. I'm looking, in a perfect world, to spend less than $60 on this.

d) video tutorials or something like that on an instructional CD, meh-- maybe. A solutions guide or online companion site, probably better.
You have probably settled on a book, but this topic may be of continuing general interest.

The book "Introductory Analysis" by Dolciani, Sorgenfrey, Graham and Myers (1988) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0395524326 was the last revision co-authored by Dolciani of "Modern Introductory Analysis" (1964). Referring to your criteria above, it satisfies (a) and (c) but not (d). Regarding (b), there are some but not too many application problems, but in the harder questions (labeled C, with easy and intermediate problems labelled A and B) there are lots of proofs. It is a good book for a math major.