So, I came back to this thread because we have "processed" our first grass-fed steer and received the various meat yesterday.

During conversation with my DH in front of DS, our son has expressed the feeling that he's okay with eating meat from an animal he hasn't met, but is NOT happy (he was crying at the table) with eating an animal that he has seen on our property.

frown

So, when I make tacos with the hamburger from "Snip the Steer", how do I evade the possible question that will come up? We've told him that we believe God has given us animals as food and we are responsible for raising them properly with care, but he is so very sensitive to the thought of eating something that he used to feed.

I don't want to "feed" into any notion that he should be a vegetarian. I want him to make that decision (if it comes) later when he's older and can see all sides.

How do I know when (if) our son wants to be a full-on vegan or vegetarian? I'm hoping to hear from others who are meat-eaters who have had children take a different path!