Yeah... but... actually?

Not possible for everyone. Is my family "bad" because we cannot be vegan? And really, I do mean cannot, due to a confluence of medical reasons. If you cannot eat (or have in your house) nuts, most legumes, or a majority of readily available seeds... and you MUST eat a diet moderate-to-high in fats and protein, that is limiting to the point of making veganism a non-viable option. Remove eggs and milk from the equation and vegetarianism also begins to look impossible from a practical standpoint.

So non-vegans are "sociopaths?" frown

Wow. It is that kind of moral absolutism that DAD22 was referring to, incidentally.

Not everyone shares that belief system (that all living creatures are of equal "worth" in human terms). I also refuse to accept that there is a "right/wrong" here that applies equally to all human beings. If that makes me evil, I guess-- so be it. But my daughter is one of the most empathetic and kind people I've ever known... and she would suffer tremendous health consequences if she could not eat meat and other animal products.

Biologically, we are animals. I'm not sure why anyone finds that an objectionable stance. The better question, IMO, is why it is unacceptable to eat other people, but IS apparently okay to eat... well, other mammals. Biology is a bit ambivalent about that, and so are (some) cultural norms. But most humans are clear that the one thing is wrong, and the other is mostly not completely "wrong" in a moral sense.

As I said-- it's not black and white, as much as anyone would like for it to be.

We're all animals. Viewing human beings as more "special" than any other animals is also fraught with troubling questions once one examines what we mean by that statement. Some animals clearly possess many of the things that we regard as "human" when one looks at the evidence. There is evidence of tool-making, empathy, culture, and language. I think, honestly, that this is probably a better argument for vegetarianism than "how can you kill another living thing??"

But it is a biologically-based argument, not a moral one.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.