No. We don't hide the keys ... though I now have a pepper spray on the keys so I just put it up a little higher. I told DS5 that the pepper spray is to fight off bad guys and he respects that (we have a rental property that I had been showing a lot recently all by myself thus the pepper spray). I do NOT allow either of the boys sitting behind the steering wheel. Not until they are old enough to get their own driver's license. I cringe when I see our friends posting pics on Facebook of their 3 year olds in their laps in the front seat of a car.

We don't have a medicine cabinet either. We just have all the meds in the least accessible cabinet in the kitchen and our boys don't climb cabinets, never did (another thing I don't like on FB is seeing kids sitting on the counter tops ... never did that with mine so they just don't think about climbing in the kitchen) The more serious meds are in our master bedroom bathroom and are put away out of reach. The one thing I worry sometimes is either one of them getting their hands on DS5's Epi pen. I don't want to have it put too much out of the way so it's easy to get to should we need it. At the same time I'm worried they may accidentally use it and get really hurt (especially if the medicine is administered into the wrong part of their body (like fingers or hands). But no locking it.

Kids do crazy things and no sane parent can save them from everything. I watch mine like a hawk but I can imagine hundreds of different things they could do that could get them in serious trouble while under my watch and it most certainly wouldn't be my fault. Can't prevent every accident. That said, if they ever took my car keys, they'd be grounded for life (at least initially! lol) ... if our teenager did it, he'd be packing his bags. That's how seriously we'd deal with it. They know how serious we are about certain rules and it wouldn't occur to them to even try.