Originally Posted by polarbear
Originally Posted by aquinas
Sisal, regarding handedness, I'm right handed for anything requiring one hand (writing, shooting, fencing, throwing, racquet sports...). Yet, for anything requiring two hands (golf, hockey, lacrosse, and baseball), I'm left dominant. I wonder if this is a general trend. Let me just consult with my dear friend, Mr. Google.

aquinas, do you think you're truly right-handed for the one-hand activities and sports? I wonder if perhaps you are right-handed at those things because when you were little you weren't showing a dominant hand preference and you were subtly encouraged to use your right hand for them - nothing forceful, it just happens in our society.

check, and check.

though i write with my right hand, i'm definitely left-bodied - i step left and swim left and deal cards left... but i distinctly remember an early teacher telling me i must choose a hand to write with and i wanted to know which was better (read: typical.) so interesting this is more common than i thought!

Last edited by doubtfulguest; 08/29/13 11:53 AM. Reason: general confusion

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.