Yes! Yes! Target shooting! We are looking into this for DD9 and DD7. They want to do both gun and bow. DH is a big bow hunter (for deer) and also dabbles in some bird hunting, so this is something the girls can bond with him on. There are some clubs around our area that have some scheduled competitions. The girls are more into just doing it for fun, but DD9 has a real talent with a gun, so we may try to see where that will take her.

I enjoy just the target-type gun and bow shooting, but DH always asks me if I want to get up in a tree stand and try getting a deer. I hear it can be very relaxing, just sitting in nature, waiting on the perfect opportunity, but I would probably want to bring a book with me and I'd be thinking about all the things I could be getting done.

We did recently learn how important it is to determine which eye is your dominate eye when it comes to shooting. DD7 couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when she first started shooting. We just let her do what felt comfortable to her, and she held the gun right-handed. As soon as we figured out she was left eye dominate and had her switch to a left handed hold, she improved tremendously.

If you don't already know about this it is really easy to figure out -