My 6 year old was tested on the WPPSI-III last year (after displaying various behavioural issues in school), and these were her results:

Verbal IQ: 145 Very Superior
Performance IQ: 150 Very Superior
Processing Speed: 137 Very Superior
Full Scale IQ: 149 Very Superior

Subtests:

Information: 17 (Superior)
Vocab: 17 (Superior)
Word Reasoning: 18 (Superior)

Coding: 14 (Above Average)
Symbol Search: 19 (Superior)

Block Design: 18 (Superior)
Matrix Reasoning: 18 (Superior)
Picture Concepts: 18 (Superior)

I've heard that the WPPSI is not that reliable when assessing IQs above 130, but do the scores above warrant a retest? Also, should I be concerned about the lower Coding score as compared to Symbol search (does it indicate learning difficulty?).

I am having a hard time managing this child and have no idea if she falls within the HG/EG/PG range in terms of behavior (and whether that knowledge would help me or not). She is certainly performing above her level but is very unmotivated to do anything that requires effort, while complaining that other easier tasks are too boring. On top of that she is easily distracted and does not pay attention to what we say (autism, ADD/ADHD has been ruled out by the doc). I took her out of Kindy to homeschool (she was bored to tears in school) but find that I cannot figure out if she needs more challenge, less interference, more freedom, or just some good old-fashioned discipline. I feel if I had a better objective idea of her capability in terms of IQ (rather than what she says, which is typically to avoid anything that requires effort) I would know what level of work to use for challenging her.

Would appreciate any help that you could give! smile