Thanks Cricket2. I agree with much of what you said. The hard part seems to be figuring out when things overload ds.

Since we got the results last Saturday, I immediately dropped any mention or discussion about the WJ-III - until today.

This morning, ds brought up the WJ-III and said that was afraid of being sent to public school (where the test was administered) rather than continued to be homeschooled. He told me that he 'faked it' and that he was mad at me for having to take the test. He said he didn't think it was fair for him to take the test in the first place; I agreed. I thanked ds for his honesty.

Ds and I then had a discussion about DYS, Davidson School and tests. We both think it's crazy that there's only one school in the country for pg kids. I did tell him to forget about the test and that there's going to be plenty of other tests, chances, and other possibilities in the future for DYS or other outlets for him. I said that there were a lot of people who had supercharged brains and not in DYS, didn't test well, or didn't take that test. It's not the end of the world.

After this am, I am more convinced that ds has been in the middle of a HUGE development for the last few weeks. He's been very cranky, depressed, and unpleasant to be around since Wednesday. He didn't want to accept that he does not hold the same authority as me or another adult. He also didn't want to accept the word no.

Within the last couple of days, ds has been able to recognize that 1) there are consequences to his behavior, 2) can identity positive and negative behavior, 3) others are affected by his behavior; and 4) admitted to being depressed and fearing failure. Ds told me that he didn't think about the consequences when he took this test. Wow. Finally.

These are all big developments, but probably more affecting ds with due to dxs and his global delays. I'd like to think that these developments are partly due to the neurofeedback and getting to the root of his problems.