So you have DYS qualifying IQ scores but not achievement? Could you try a portfolio? I believe that they'd still like to see all scores, even those that don't qualify, but it might be worth a shot if you think that it would benefit him to be in the program.

We've struggled over the years as well with ideas as to what is wrong but no direction as to how to help. Did you get any input from the tester as to what types of scaffolding or accommodations for those disabilities might help?

Eta: with my "less" 2e kid, she has some of the same dx you mention and simply giving her extra time has helped as has a quiet environment for testing with distractions minimized. Did you see a difference between the timed and untimed portions of the WJ? My one with sensory issues and dyspraxia/dysgraphia dxs recently took the WIAT and the variation btwn the fluency and untimed segments was huge. It was definitely enough that it would have been usable to show 99.9th achievement on untimed tasks if we had needed to show that she was achieving at that level but overall had depressed scores due to speed.

Last edited by Cricket2; 07/15/13 07:11 PM.