The thing about the WJ-III Achievement Tests is that each subtest is designed to determine "achievement" in a very specific skill - but (jmo) not necessarily the best tool to use if you're trying to assess where a student is in terms of achievement relative to curriculum studied (we don't have MAP testing here, but I would think MAP would be a good instrument to use, tests such as the CAT-5 or in some instances state testing etc). If you're testing with the WJ-III to get scores to get into DYS or other gifted programs, and you're seeing results that don't match expectations, than I'd look at two things - one you've already mentioned - testing conditions - was your ds anxious, what was the environment like etc - were there barriers to success that had nothing to do with the test. The other thing I'd look at is what each subtest specifically measures, and compare the results to what you are seeing in your ds' work. Look at how the questions for that subtest were asked, what kind of response was required, and was the subtest timed - things that might impact results but aren't tied directly to the knowledge being tested.

Have you thought about asking for an IQ test through your public school district? What type of 2e expert did you see in June? What was the reason for the neurofeedback recommendation? Sorry for all the questions! Just curious -

Best wishes,

polarbear