To answer the question--I do not evangelize. I have some ambivalence about the net community effect of the gifted magnet my child attends. It's much better than her first school, but still probably not enough. It will be interesting to see how things progress as my second child enters the system and as the years pass.

I can imagine an ideal school for my children, but I can't imagine it being implemented. I am highly aware of the multiple obstacles that exist to this school ever being created. I really don't want to homeschool my kids, either. I feel pretty done with full-time parenting (as an introvert with two extrovert children, I find it hard!), I think they benefit from being with other adults and other children, and I have a job that I love. We supplement at home with a lot of interesting stuff. However, I am not afterschooling DD because she has too much homework to make this sustainable.

I am sort of beaten down at this point, but DD is maintaining and doing okay, so we will take it. The irony is that neither of my children are 2E in the educational sense and both of them SHOULD be extremely fun to teach in most ways. I'm still waiting for just one of them to get a teacher who really loves him/her and gives him/her wings.