Originally Posted by JonLaw
Originally Posted by eastcoast
My story in a tiny nutshell: 2 years ago, if you asked me if gifted children needed "special services", I probably would have said no, they will be fine in the end, no matter what their classroom situations. Fast forward to this past school year and after seeing what DS 6 has gone through and after having him tested and speaking with professionals in the field, I am a believer!

This puts you in the camp of people who only believe it when they experience it.

So, would there have been any way of convincing prior you that "gifted children" need "special services".

Yes, I could have been convinced. I was not hostile to the idea of gifted ed. I was simply uneducated about it. A few key articles could have easily changed my mind I think. But I tend to be a fairly open person and am happy to take in information and change my mind about things. It's just now I feel like an evangelical! I want to go from door to door and spread the word at my son's school.

I did incidentally just land a position at my son's school. I will be working on curriculum development and lesson planning. I became the squeaky wheel this year and they have decided to put me to work!

Last edited by eastcoast; 06/11/13 08:11 AM.