This is maybe off topic, but as I was reading this thread, I realized that I maybe still don't believe that my daughter wouldn't be well-served at the elite private school down the road. She is DYS, with both sets of scores comfortably above the DYS cut, but she just seems really normal to me. I'm pretty sure the school is full of many at last MG kids, and I don't know that my daughter would stick out there as needing anything extra. We homeschool and always have, so I guess I just don't have much of a basis for comparison.

Am I kidding myself? Would she be bored silly if I sent her there? Not that I am thinking about it at this point, but I guess I just always wonder. Is this just my gifted denial kicking in?

I had the thought the other day that "gifted" might only really be a relevant term when there is some discrepancy between the student and the learning environment. In my "g" home with her "g" brother and our other "g" homeschooling families, maybe my kids really aren't gifted in any functional way. They are just average. See what I mean?

And then there's still my question -- what would the disparity look like at Fancy Private School? I'm just curious...