Originally Posted by MumOfThree
I worry about having one on medication and I worry about the other one not being on it. Can't win!

I know how you feel!! My DS sounds like your non-medicated DD, but add on mild tics, which the docs have told me will likely turn into full blown tourettes if we use stimulants. There's always Strattera, but I haven't given up on non-medication alternatives.

Part of the problem is that the staff isn't willing or able to hold my DS accountable for non-compliance (ie inattention). This makes me nuts. The thing is, he is capable of paying attention to boring stuff when presented with sufficiently motivating consequences/rewards, but the staff is very... well, let's just say they don't understand his learning style.

I've left it up to them long enough, so now I'm going to put together a "motivation/consequence" plan that involves daily contact with the teacher. I hope he'll get a certain teacher in grade 4 (we're not allowed to request) because I know I'll be able to work with her.

(I feel like I'm hijacking the thread but I guess since the OP mentioned ADHD it's not so bad smile ).

Last edited by CCN; 05/13/13 09:49 AM.