Mana lack of the executive function to choose to do boring jobs now (wash dishes, do your taxes or file your bills) while you are quite capable of hyperfocusing is absolutely a part of ADHD. No idea whether anyone in your family is diagnosable but what you are describing fits. With a gifted 3yr old though its just very hard to know. I have a HG+ child with ADHD, my youngest is currently 3 and at least as intense and non stop as her older sister was in many ways. I could describe her in ways that make her sound very likely to get a diagnosis too. But DH and I both suspect she'll actually be our only NT child (I have one with AS too, #3 is absolutely, positively not on the spectrum). Three is just too young to tell the whether your own personal 3yr old tornado is gifted and just "more" (of everything) or whether there is something else in there. That said she's my only child to get to 3 without needing minor mouth/facial repair under GA for accidents I was right there for and couldn't prevent....

Last edited by MumOfThree; 05/10/13 07:39 PM.