Originally Posted by polarbear
Originally Posted by marytheres
First, he says "no more emailing, we talk in person" *specifically* in response to an email I sent inquiring about the para situation. I say "okay, I am fine with talking via email but I respect your desire to meet, let's meet" He says "let's have an iep meeting and we'll discuss your concerns and finalize IEP." I say "okay and btw, a advocate is coming with me" and then, today he says "oh I won't discuss certain things in the iep meeting." ???? and "I only want to deal with you or your husband" ???

I would just ignore him on this. He sounds like he is trying to intimidate you out of bringing an advocate so that he can pull the wool over your eyes if he feels like it at the meeting. I'm guessing your school district's SPED policy handbook will have a section that specifically addresses who can be present at an IEP meeting and that it will include parents being able to bring an advocate... so you could pull out a copy of the policy if you want to and bring it to the meeting along with your advocate smile And I'm guessing your advocate will be able to help you find the notation in the policy quickly if it's there smile

polarbear

I did ignore him - I simply kept repeating "we'll talk about it all at the iep meeting" I said it over and over... He seemed really, really angry. I actually find him a little scary and that is saying a lot. Yes I am lawyer... it doesn't seem to help though frown