This is a total guess on my part, but it sounds like your principal is trying to be sure he doesn't say or communicate anything in writing that the district could get sued over. I'm also guessing that it's possible you aren't the first family who's had an issue with this para and maybe there's a history or more to the story than you are privy to knowing. SOOOoooooo... with that in mind, I still think you can address this issue at your meeting. You don't have to mention the para by name to mention the problem that happened when a para was in the classroom working with your ds - so most definitely, put it in the meeting notes or in your comments or in a meeting summary to someone that ____ happened. Don't be put off by the principal being worried about paper trails or meeting minutes.

I'm also guessing your advocate will have some good advice and possibly insight on what's going on.

Sending you a hug - I can't imagine how frustrating your conversation must have been!

polarbear

ps - I would also, fwiw, send an email today back to the principal describing everything that was said in the conversation you had with him. Tell him he doesn't have to respond unless there is something you've misunderstood, you're just sending the email to summarize the conversation to be sure you were clear on what you heard.

Last edited by polarbear; 04/03/13 02:27 PM.