Originally Posted by Zen Scanner
we could only communicate that the problem was addressed and what the procedure is if the problem reoccurs. I would guess a public school would be under similar strictures and perhaps moreso if there is a union involved.

Actually I would be okay with this. I just want to know that it has been address, and what they are doing, i.e. was she talked to? (he does not have to tell me what was said) given additional training? or will she no longer be scribing for DS? DS says she hasn't been scribing for him so I think they just pulled her form him and that's fine. I also want to discuss how to avoid the problem in the future - having paras that will be providing accommodations to DS at the iep and educating them on why DS gets a scribe and how not to belittle DS.

I guess I'll see what the advocate says. It was she, in fact,who advised me to follow up with what happened to para and what the results of the principal's mtg with para were, was she talked to? given disability sensitivity training? Or was she removed/replaced.