Happy New Year!

I really believe that it is possible to make the public schools work, even for highly gifted children. I encourage you to look at that option when the time is near. Grade skipping helped my kids, plus accelerated curriculum, and enrichment. Even if they're working more than one grade ahead, skipping one grade seemed to put them closer to where they need to be. I've been very lucky in that the administrators are very cooperative and helpful. I asked about a math competition and *poof* they enrolled. My little experience with private schools (only from preschools) is that they have less resources (computers, software, textbooks, library, etc.), don't require as high qualifications in teachers, and were constantly fundraising. I'm sure that's not true across that board, but I really think that if you help your school or your class, you can help make it great. I spend a lot of time coordinating guest speakers and field trips for my son's middle school class. There are a lot of professionals who enjoy the opportunity of teaching kids for an hour or two.