I was responding offlist to a Mom of a 3 year old and I was looking for our threads about "General Advice" for Parents of Gifted Toddlers. I couldn't find it, so I though I'd ask here: What was the best advice you got, or wish you had gotten about your gifted Toddler/Preschooler?

Here's my wishlist:

1) It is a big responsibility. It just is. Now is not too early to start planning for school days, to learn more about alternative schools and homeschooling (more in Ruf's Losing our minds, which I SO wish I had had.) Mostly right now enjoy and document. Write a lot so that you will have a clear picture of what your child is ReallY like, that you can compare to as time goes by to see if an educational setting is really meeting your child's needs. It isn't natural, afterall for children to become unhappy, and lose their love of learning when they reach a certian age.

2) Time to start gearing up for the financial part of the journey. ((sad to say))

3) Educationally, follow the child's lead, perhaps like the unschoolers do? You want to give of your attention, and expose your child to interesting situations rather than get out the flashcards and worksheets. OTOH, some children aren't fit to live with unless they can spend some of their energies on worksheets daily, so again, you follow their lead.

4) The magic advice to get local "Grandparents by Choice" into your life.

That's my list, What is yours?
Happy Holidays,
Trin

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com