Originally Posted by master of none
Kids behave the way the behave for many reasons, and intelligence as well as fit of school play into that. But I would never write poor behavior off as gifted behavior. It's not the same.

I'd work on the behavior just as you would with any other child, realizing that you may need to use approaches that tend to work better with the gifted. For example, avoiding an authoritarian approach, not allowing excessive discussion, etc. Read up on it. If you look through the previous posts here (not easy to find I know) you will see some. Nurtured heart? Spirited child? For search terms

I agree with this.

My advise would be to take a two-pronged approach. One would be to deal with these behaviors as they are, because whether they're associated with high-IQ or not, they're still problems that need to be dealt with in the same way. They won't go away if your child is placed in the right academic environment... explosive children still explode, though at least in the right environment, they're somewhat less volatile.

The other prong would be to pursue information on whether your child was misidentified. For example, the NNAT2 is a nonverbal assessment... is she not a visual-spatially oriented child? If that's not her area of strength, she might qualify as gifted in a test that measures both verbal and nonverbal aptitudes. I'd see what options the school might offer in that area (maybe they offer the RIAS?), and if they're inflexible, seek outside testing.