Yeah, I'm getting discrepancies between what the staff is saying and what my daughter is saying; my daughter tells me she can read level M books but her teacher is saying she's testing out at level K. Anyone have thoughts on why? My thought is that maybe they are looking for complete mastery rather than introductory skill levels.

Another thing I noticed when I had the meeting with the academic councilor, she seemed to think that only 100% means mastery. So, if my daughter receives a 98 on a sheet, that she has not mastered that concept and must do more homework or study in that concept. Whereas, looking back on my school experiences, I remember many times looking back over a test that I missed one or two and thinking- "Why did I put that answer down?" I knew the right answer but somehow put in the wrong one. Other times the question had two 'right' answers and I could have verified that fact, if I'd been allowed to. Or there were even times where I saw that the answer they were looking for was only correct in certain situations and I could have listed the correct answer for each situation. So to me, getting 100% does not mean much about whether a child understands the concept or not.