MumOfThree - Yes, that's very true about an elimination diet and the sugar. Fruit juices are often high in sugar and more than a serving size of fruit for 8 oz or more; and a lot of people don't blink or think twice about it either. After all, it's fruit and fruit is supposed to be healthy for you, which it is.

I think that's why the neurofeedback provider gave me a yes/no list on foods when we started. It's very deceiving today with the foods; and you can hear so much conflicting advice. It was no to rice and white potatoes, for instance, but yes to yams and sweet potatoes (which have more nutritional content in them). Of course, she also said no to all those ingredients (colours, dyes, artificial sugars or honey, grains, etc.) you mentioned. That's why we probably tossed 3/4ths of our food out at the time.

Breakfast and snacks were initially tricky. We had to change some our habits and preferences. Breakfast was a bit of a carb-fest in our house. Neurofeedback provider suggested we have salmon for breakfast. Well, I might, but DS7 won't touch the stuff. So I had to find recipes and ingredients that would work and I could fall back on. I'm now thinking about making homemade hemp milk which might help too.