Originally Posted by JonLaw
You can often tell who is kind of prone to wackadoo things.

This guy didn't just snap. He planned and went hunting for little kids.

If you listen to people, you can generally find out who is "off". I know of one individual in my area who is going to warrant further observation in the future.

And he's not the most socially awkward.

The problem is generally psychopathy/sociopathy, not autism.

Although, I talked to a teacher last night who watched an aggressive kid with autism get pepper sprayed.

So, there is some general association with autism and violence in the teacher community already. That's impulse control.

Killers with multiple weapons and a strategic plan for mass murder generally don't have a problem with impulse control.

I just couldn't agree with this more. I listen to the news and don't blame his Aspberger's to the crime. I feel like some people are just socio/psycho paths (or otherwise I would classify as evil). It exists.

Like JonLaw, I know of one child like this at my daughter's school. He may have some other LD tied into his peculiar behavior, but this child has bad vibes radiating off of him.

To the point where I have told my daughter to avoid him at all cost and if he ever does anything to her (assaults her physically or verbally) to get as far away from him as she can and not fight back.

If I read a story about this child in 15 more years, I would not be one bit surprised.

I hope that society won't label kids with LD, their struggles are hard enough without having to break down more walls to get the help that they need or the acceptance for who they are.

Please know that some of us see this situation for what it was, a gravely evil act.

Last edited by kelly0523; 12/17/12 09:22 AM.