Thirteen is a hideous age, socially, because most kids are asynchronous at this point. Add in a reason for more asynchrony and it's a complete mess.

I've been through it now with four kids, three EG, 1 PG/2e. The first simply had low standards and would get crushes on the most skeevy, unsuitable boys available. (Not that I'm suggesting this as an option, more of a "thank your lucky stars".) Dd#2 was a jock, and ended up dating relatively bright boys who could also carry on an intelligent conversation about the relative merits of Kentucky vs UNC. With #3-4 (who are almost 15), honestly, we've discouraged pairing off simply because, while they're bright, they're also socially on the younger end of things. And dating at a young age doesn't seem to have contributed anything particularly positive to their siblings' lives. One is like your daughter, with a few friends she mostly hangs with, and the other moves in a large herd of kids involved in the same (extremely time-consuming) extra-curricular. Many of them pair off (and change pairings as frequently as socks), but he just stays with the herd and is happy with doing so.

So insofar as being helpful with the dating advice, I'm probably not. But I thought it should be noted that, in general, the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing at this age isn't necessarily a given.

"I love it when you two impersonate earthlings."