Originally Posted by Trinity
Oh GG!
Yes you should let him write the way he wants at home. You should just have him write and write and write about what he loves and praise everything you like.
Thank you Trinity! I am so happy to read this advice, as I told Ania above. Relieved to have my instincts verified. And I will look for the 6 Traits book.

Also - how his touch typing?

We haven't tackled touch typing yet. He's still a hunt-and-peck typer. I know he would enjoy learning this, as he has already mentioned wishing he could type faster/better. It's on my (ever growing) list of things to do with him.

I always think of boys like yours and mine as having "Big Giant Heads" stuck on "Skinny Wobbly Necks."
LOL, so true. He really does have a big giant head on a skinny neck and skinny body. As an infant he was in the 5th to 10th percentile for height and weight... and something like the 80th percentile for head circumference!

He has evolved an approach that I call, (behind his back) the "Close your eyes and think of England." approach to homework and school in general at times.
LOL again!

Thanks for the laughs.