OK...so she's not apathetic. She's more like: scared beyond all belief such that she has to pretend that whatever it is that is on the horizon doesn't actually exist because even the meta-mention of it makes her internly freaked.

This is anxiety...and it feels awful...feels like you will die from it (since it triggers one's fight/flight response which tells the brain: You are going to die!).

There is no way to logic out of anxiety because it is illogical. Maybe I'm wrong - but as an anxiety-laden perfectionist (in modest recovery, wink) I will tell you that I know this act quite well.

Is there any way to cancel the test? Does she have to take now? Has she ever met with a pyschologist/counselor to learn tools to decrease anxiety? CBT (especially biofeedback) can be fascinating for gifted "kids". I would also recommend getting a few blood tests (though she may HATE this) because things like hyperthyroidism, vitamin defiencies, and other metabolic issues can make existing anxiety worse. I have all my anxiety clients screen medically before starting with me, so we aren't missing anything.

Last edited by Evemomma; 10/08/12 04:31 PM.