I just got this from my son's math teacher. This is 7th grade where most of the students are 12 and some are 13, mine's the outlier at 11. What do you think about this? My son does not have a cell phone and we have no plans to get him one.

"I wanted to give you a heads up about something we're doing in class. It is called Remind 101 and is an app I've uploaded on my phone which allows me to send text messages to any members in my "group" (those who have joined). The text is sent but the receiver cannot respond to it (I cannot receive a text back from your child). I discussed this option with my classes and they liked it. Most of the students joined yesterday in class and then we practiced with one text from me reminding them that they have a chapter test this Friday. I am aware that not all students have cell phones and would not send any information out via text that wasn't already communicated in class. Also, I will not send any great quantity of texts reminding our students of daily details. The purpose is to remind them of major assignments or dates, etc. Another benefit, as we discussed in class, is that the students, instead of the parents, are receiving the reminders so the students can take action without being prompted by the parents! Hooray for students taking responsibility without being reminded by a parent. smile Lastly, I am new to this app and would welcome your feedback if you have concerns. I've learned that many teachers at high school use Remind 101 and also many teachers at this school."

What I am is good enough, if I would only be it openly. ~Carl Rogers