Thank you everyone. I'll try to go through everything.

Bear has been officially diagnosed with sensory processing disorder and anxiety. He has been tested for autism spectrum, but if there are 6 disorders a kid can have and you need 6 check marks in each to qualify he has 5 in all 6 options. There's stuff going on and it's pretty nuts, but it's not directly under one heading enough to qualify for anything in specific... Sigh... However a lot of things that work for autism spectrum kids work well with him and we just use what works.

His counselor is working on behavior therapy. We can't pay for or access someone trained specifically in behavior therapy. That has been my wish upon a star for a couple years now.

GinaW, good ideas! We're not really sure how much he can read, but we know he can. He's done Starfall.

The main pitfall with the homework is that it's written because he's learning to write, hence the wanting him to do it. LOL He loves the math on the computer because it's on the computer. I'd do more on the computer, but the problem is that his program wants hand written work samples.

We are not against unschooling and are not rabid "school at homers," but I insist on some basic structure and consistent progress of some type. He thrives on structure so I'm really not a fan of going more unschooling.

He is not a motivatable kid sadly and will happily just wait out anything. Stubborn doesn't even come close to describing it.

He's very definitely an introvert.