Originally Posted by marytheres
Originally Posted by Polly
In some earlier preschools he would sit okay for a minute or two and then exhibit what I personally think of as normal for an energetic little boy forced against his will to listen to adults with fake happy faces singing songs or talking yet again about the weather (a subject that adults seem to be more interested in than most kids): leaning into a neighbor or standing up or wandering away or laying down and making snow angels on the carpet, talking, singing, just anything at all he could think of to avoid the desperate tedium of sitting still and quiet in one spot.

Oh my goodness - this made me laugh out loud. This is exactly how my son describes "circle time" Exactly ! He even mentioned the fake happy voice and big weird interest in the weather all of the time LOL. He wanted to know why no one else seems to notice how ridiculous it all is. laugh

oh, I can totally see DS4 doing the same when the time comes! lol He lost any interest in the weather 2 years ago! And I highly doubt he'll be willing and able to sit even for 1 minute. Most likely he'll just tell them loud and clear that he's bored and will walk away smile