Hi everyone.

DS4 is starting K a year early August 21st at a private school. We have an individual meeting (all students get this, not requested) on August 17th and I am wondering about how to approach it. I was going to just lay back and not say anything to see if the teacher would recognize his abilities by herself. But now, with this meeting, I am thinking maybe I should talk to her a bit...

DS4 is PG and way out there academically. His WJ-III achievement test revealed his average academic age is 9yr 5mo with spelling being the highest at 11yr 4mo.
In math he is at 9yr 4mo.
Obviously we are going to need some serious accommodation here.

Do I bring in the WJ-III results for her to see at this point? I am thinking either I DO or I don't say a thing. We all know how the "my child is very advanced" argument usually goes...

This teacher is new at this school and seems (from her picture) to be in her late 20's. I am hoping she will be open minded to this situation and hopefully not too set in her ways.

Any tips on how to go about this, ideas of what to bring, language to use etc is greatly welcomed. I don't want to blow the relationship with this teacher right off the bat.

Thanks so much!

Annie