K here doesn't start until after Labor Day so it still seems far away for me. My son will be four when he starts but turn five soon after. He is still considered early entranced given local cut offs but it isn't by much.

My son went to this Montessori school for preschool and the school director is also the K teacher. While she let the preschool teachers run their own classroom, she was aware of some of the challenges he had while in PreK.

He'll be going a half day in a class with only eight students for one teacher and an aide. The teacher's plan for him is a bit different. He will arrive for the last half of the day while the rest of the class is at recess. He'll have about twenty minutes of one on one instruction at his level and pace. Then they'll do a group activity like a demonstration or listening to a story. After that, the students can choose their own activity from the materials in the classroom. She knows he loves science so she is going to increase the depth of the science materials available in the classroom. Plus, he will have a friend in the class who seems to be working at least one grade level ahead. It really is ideal.

I am nervous because if this doesn't work, I am not sure what will (except waiting until he matures or looking into whether there is another "e" that isn't identified as of yet)