((unresolved old Pet Peeve alert))
I think the problem, I hate myself for doing this to my son because as a grown up giftie and an oldest child I know better, but I still do it knowingly.  I am ashamed of myself and I will continue to do it.  Here it is. If we're somewhere or we're doing something and either or both of my kids make it difficult on me I say to the older one (he's only just under five) "don't make this difficult on me.  Make it easy on me or I won't think this is fun and we won't do this anymore.  I'll quit taking you places and we'll quit doing things if you make this hard on me".  

You hold the better kids to higher standards then you don't hold the worser kids to higher standards until they become better kids and hold them to higher standards and then you run the world by the system of accommodation to the standards of the worser kids, while continuing to hold the better kids to higher standards AND never putting better people in charge of the standards.  It's not fair.  And then, why is having higher standards of behavior for better kids accepted and encouraged, but skipping their grade in school to a level that matched theirs called, "not letting a kid be a kid".  

In other words, and I've thought this was awful since I was a kid and I still think this is awful,  everybody agrees that it is "let a kid be a kid" if you ration knowledge slowly and "save something to learn when they are older" but it's ok and expected to hold more responsible kids to higher and higher standards of "good" (mature) behavior and even to use them as "crowd control" for the other kids because it's convenient.  

These are Our Own unresolved issues from growing up gifted and they are Unresolvable because nobody thinks it's their responsibility to change their behavior on this for a million and one excuses why.  Whine.  Whine.  Whine.  Adjust.  (or don't- it doesn't matter).  This whole post shows very immature thinking because there's no solution, sadly.  Much Sadness.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar