I can empathize quite a bit! I teach a self-contained class of gifted 4th and 5th graders, and after twelve years of doing that and trying to educate other staff members in the building as to what gifted kids are and are NOT, I still have to deal with hearing other staff members tell kids from my class, "I expect better from you! You're in the high ability class!" At least those same adults usually quickly come and complain to ME with their complaints about my students' behavior and tell ME what they "made clear to that kid about what we expect from the kids in your program" and I can "educate" them about the fact that my kids certainly need to behave themselves, but that they should NOT be held to some "higher standard" in that regard than all of the other kids who are NOT in my classroom. They're still just ten-year-olds, and the fact that they can solve complex algebraic equations during math time doesn't mean it's any easier for them to stay quiet in the cafeteria. I also have staff members who are surprised every year that I have students who don't turn in homework...students with messy desks...students who lose things...students who forget to turn in their permission slips for the field trip...etc. Just a lot of people out there who don't "get it." Sorry you had to deal with another one -- as you know, they usually mean well, but unless you live in "this world" all of the time, asynchronicity can be a tough concept to grasp.