Thanks everyone and keep the ideas coming! So worried about this. Really with just the one mom. I like the suggestion of making sure we are confident, thanks!

Good idea on telling the mom I didn't like how I brought it up last year so this year trying to loop her in earlier...

I can't say the school suggested it because they didnt. Our principle would never suggest it so we have had to fight for everything that we have gotten for our DS8. So unfortunately I can't say that. Plus this mom is the PTO president so she will know it wasn't the school.

Its just a hard sitatuion because I don't want to upset her to much as her son and mine are really good friends and it will hurt the outside school relationship as she will not be as open to it...

You can probably tell there is a lot more to the story then she is a friend. She used to be a really close friend and as I got to know her couldn't handle the competitive stuff so have tried to give space but keep something there so the boys are still able to hang out. Because a true friend I wouldn't stress this much about telling! UGH!

DS9 Gifted / ADHD